Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Hillsborough County jail officials investigating cause of Elliott Hospital patient’s injuries
Dionne said he is conducting an internal investigation and developing a time line of the events that began about 7:25 p.m. when Ornelas, 54, of Manchester allegedly grew agitated, disrupting other patients at Elliot Hospital’s secure psychiatric evaluation unit, which is part of its emergency department.
As part of the jail intake process, Ornelas was seen by a nurse, who noticed “his face was all bruised and puffy,” Dionne said.
The nurse checked on Ornelas “some hours later” and she determined, in consultation with a staff physician, that he needed medical treatment beyond what jail staff could provide, Dionne said. Ornelas returned to Elliot Hospital’s emergency department about 9:30 a.m. Thursday, hospital spokeswoman Susanna Whitcher said.
She would not discuss his case further.
According to Whitcher, Ornelas initially arrived at Elliot’s emergency department Oct. 15.
Dionne said Ornelas remains in Hillsborough County House of Corrections’ custody while hospitalized. Once medically stable, he is expected to be released back to the Manchester jail, then be arraigned in court. He said it’s possible a judge may request a bedside arraignment.
“No staff members attacked him,” Dionne said.
Ornelas has been a member of Derryfield Country Club for many years, the club’s golf professional Mike Ryan said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Delayed sexual assault trial to start today - 0
- Manchester man charged in series of store robberies - 0
- Fugitive convicted of stabbing Manchester man in heart in ’96 - 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 8
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 17
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 5
- Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Plea deal possible in Littleton murder
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424