Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Hillsborough County jail officials investigating cause of Elliott Hospital patient’s injuries
Dionne said he is conducting an internal investigation and developing a time line of the events that began about 7:25 p.m. when Ornelas, 54, of Manchester allegedly grew agitated, disrupting other patients at Elliot Hospital’s secure psychiatric evaluation unit, which is part of its emergency department.
As part of the jail intake process, Ornelas was seen by a nurse, who noticed “his face was all bruised and puffy,” Dionne said.
The nurse checked on Ornelas “some hours later” and she determined, in consultation with a staff physician, that he needed medical treatment beyond what jail staff could provide, Dionne said. Ornelas returned to Elliot Hospital’s emergency department about 9:30 a.m. Thursday, hospital spokeswoman Susanna Whitcher said.
She would not discuss his case further.
According to Whitcher, Ornelas initially arrived at Elliot’s emergency department Oct. 15.
Dionne said Ornelas remains in Hillsborough County House of Corrections’ custody while hospitalized. Once medically stable, he is expected to be released back to the Manchester jail, then be arraigned in court. He said it’s possible a judge may request a bedside arraignment.
“No staff members attacked him,” Dionne said.
Ornelas has been a member of Derryfield Country Club for many years, the club’s golf professional Mike Ryan said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain
- Total Votes: 917