Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Portsmouth woman sentenced 8 years to life for causing fatal heroin overdose
Jennifer Landry, 42, of Portsmouth was sentenced 8 years to life in prison on Monday after pleading guilty to giving a fatal dose of heroin to 22-year-old Svetlana Fillippenko. (JAMES A. KIMBLE PHOTO)
The state medical examiner concluded that her death was caused by “acute heroin intoxication.”
“She has done each and every thing she could to better herself and allowed justice to be had for the family,” Newkirk said.
Landry allegedly told Fillippenko in one message that the heroin was “twice as strong” and warned her to be careful with it, according to police.
Wageling said she was “sad for the family who lost someone dear to them” and told Landry it was her job to tell people now about the consequences of her actions.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- In Gorham, landlord saw a change in kidnap suspect - 0
- Family of abduction survivor Elizabeth Smart offers hope in wake of Conway teen's ordeal - 1
- Feds step up protection against sexual violence - 0
- 2 more arrested over alleged drug dealer robbery in Exeter - 0
- State seeks to address handling of campus assaults - 0
- Update: Londonderry search of shooting victim's home has concluded - 0
- N.Y. man sentenced in sex assault of NH child in 1988 - 0
- Hearing ordered in 1971 murder - 0
- Police investigating bank robbery in Nashua - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483