Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Armed robber flees Manchester store after clerk presses panic button
MANCHESTER — A gunman tried to rob a Massabesic Street market Monday night but abandoned the attempt when the clerk reached under the counter to activate a panic button, police said.
The incident happened about 10:25 p.m. at AMT Market, 384 Massabesic St.
Police said a man entered the store brandishing what appeared to be a black handgun. He approached the clerk and a customer at the counter, pointed the gun at the clerk and demanded money.
When Tariq Mahmod, the 41-year-old store clerk, reached under the counter to press the panic button, the robber immediately fled the store. He was last seen getting into the passenger side of a tan sedan, possibly a Nissan, which was last seen heading north on Cypress Street.
The robber is described as a black man, about 6 feet tall with a slim build, wearing a black mask and dark-colored jacket. No description was available of the driver.
Anyone with information about the attempted robbery is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: City man accused of menacing woman, assaulting teen - 0
- Dover man sought in Rochester shooting - 1
- Convicted sex offender faces porn charges - 1
- Lawyer takes stand in his own defense at sex assault trial - 0
- Supporters are now 'Abby Strong' - 2
- Judge orders Rolfe to spend 5 years in state hospital - 0
- Trial involving former Derry town administrator delayed - 0
- Months later, cause of Canterbury logger's death remains a mystery - 0
- Derry woman arrested after police pursuit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Patriots Notebook: Physical Browner brings it - 0
- Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse - 4
- City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us - 1
- Punch line: The NFL blows it - 1
- George Will: A conservative internationalism - 0
- Sox Beat: Red Sox haven't made a deal for Lester — yet - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: The Democrats' cynical impeachment play - 0
- Drew Cline: Home is where the really competent governing is done - 1
- Two GOP heavyweights try to get NH fired up about 2014 elections - 0
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917