Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Armed robber flees Manchester store after clerk presses panic button
MANCHESTER — A gunman tried to rob a Massabesic Street market Monday night but abandoned the attempt when the clerk reached under the counter to activate a panic button, police said.
The incident happened about 10:25 p.m. at AMT Market, 384 Massabesic St.
Police said a man entered the store brandishing what appeared to be a black handgun. He approached the clerk and a customer at the counter, pointed the gun at the clerk and demanded money.
When Tariq Mahmod, the 41-year-old store clerk, reached under the counter to press the panic button, the robber immediately fled the store. He was last seen getting into the passenger side of a tan sedan, possibly a Nissan, which was last seen heading north on Cypress Street.
The robber is described as a black man, about 6 feet tall with a slim build, wearing a black mask and dark-colored jacket. No description was available of the driver.
Anyone with information about the attempted robbery is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Reagan's would-be assassin granted more freedom - 0
- Drug addicts driving spike in robberies - 0
- Charges upgraded against man who killed 2 in I-89 crash - 1
- No bail for Keene McLeod murder case - 0
- Hooksett man convicted in fatal boating accident - 3
- Man awarded $250K in sexual assault at medical center - 2
- Newmarket man indicted on sex assault counts - 1
- Bail set at $2,000 for man accused of $1,950 check forgery - 1
- Vandal caught on video slashing holiday display but cannot deflate Christmas spirit - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Wall Street gains on GDP data; indexes post strong week - 0
- Target probe looks overseas, stolen cards online - 0
- High School Roundup: Trinity boys top Concord - 0
- Talib's grit, swagger endear him to Pats - 0
- NEGTC girls top notch in meet - 0
- Manchester’s Grauslys swims in nationals - 0
- Monarchs romp past Portland - 0
- Bedford girls in midseason form - 0
- Londonderry on the mark - 0
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
Money raised for dog hit by snow plow
Dunbarton nixes man's poultry plan
Popular West High School official moved
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424