Hudson animal park has history worth remembering
John Leone, a member of the Friends' building committee, said that as of right now the group is still "pretty far away" from its $500,000 fundraising goal.
"We have no insulation, no heat and no water right now, so we're pretty much starting from scratch here," he added.
Harry Schibanoff, chairman of the Benson Park Committee, said monthly park cleanup days have been successful because of the efforts of rake-wielding citizens.
"People have been so willing to help," Schibanoff said. "They're raking up branches, they're blowing away leaves."
Last Saturday, a handful of local Cub Scouts were on hand weeding the park's butterfly garden, while other volunteers were installing some recently donated benches throughout the park.
A fundraising craft fair is also being planned for Dec. 7. The fair will take place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Hudson Memorial Middle School.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.