Home » Sports » College Sports
UNH football up in polls; hockey team drops
North Dakota State (7-0) maintained its top ranking in both polls, but quietly the University of Maine (6-1) is ranked No. 11 in the Sports Network Poll, up from No. 14 last week. The Black Bears also moved up three spots to No. 14 in the FCS Coaches Poll.
The Wildcats hit the road to face Stony Brook Saturday in a 4 p.m. contest.
The UNH men’s hockey team slid one spot to No. 14 in the USCHO.com Division I poll. The Wildcats hosted No. 4 Michigan and managed a 1-1 tie on Friday and a 3-2 overtime loss Saturday. UNH (1-2-1) remained No. 13 in the weekly USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine college hockey poll.
Minnesota (4-0-0) took over the top spot in both hockey polls.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Holidays never dull with my three grandsons - 2
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Thankful for one Thanksgiving for us all - 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Best act fast to get our book on NH history - 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Happy day, veterans — you've earned it - 0
- Old Man, Sox curse gone, but love endures - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Dr. Stahl was a builder of his community - 2
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A 'bit irked' that report has car facts wrong - 3
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: 'A pretty fine statewide newspaper' - 1
- Best leave 'the Moon,' Buddy's bagel alone - 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 4
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0