Home » Sports » College Sports
UNH football up in polls; hockey team drops
North Dakota State (7-0) maintained its top ranking in both polls, but quietly the University of Maine (6-1) is ranked No. 11 in the Sports Network Poll, up from No. 14 last week. The Black Bears also moved up three spots to No. 14 in the FCS Coaches Poll.
The Wildcats hit the road to face Stony Brook Saturday in a 4 p.m. contest.
The UNH men’s hockey team slid one spot to No. 14 in the USCHO.com Division I poll. The Wildcats hosted No. 4 Michigan and managed a 1-1 tie on Friday and a 3-2 overtime loss Saturday. UNH (1-2-1) remained No. 13 in the weekly USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine college hockey poll.
Minnesota (4-0-0) took over the top spot in both hockey polls.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
- Triumphant Boston celebrates Series in grand style - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 1
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown cites NH as example of Obamacare 'trainwreck,' will keynote NHGOP event