Home » Sports » College Sports
UNH football up in polls; hockey team drops
North Dakota State (7-0) maintained its top ranking in both polls, but quietly the University of Maine (6-1) is ranked No. 11 in the Sports Network Poll, up from No. 14 last week. The Black Bears also moved up three spots to No. 14 in the FCS Coaches Poll.
The Wildcats hit the road to face Stony Brook Saturday in a 4 p.m. contest.
The UNH men’s hockey team slid one spot to No. 14 in the USCHO.com Division I poll. The Wildcats hosted No. 4 Michigan and managed a 1-1 tie on Friday and a 3-2 overtime loss Saturday. UNH (1-2-1) remained No. 13 in the weekly USA Today/USA Hockey Magazine college hockey poll.
Minnesota (4-0-0) took over the top spot in both hockey polls.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- An NSA setback: Fourth Amendment wins first round - 15
- Fetal homicide: A compromise at last? - 4
- Freedom & discovery: A mathematician gets noticed - 0
- Preventing Newtown: Background checks won’t - 29
- Taunting taxpayers: Manchester teachers union won’t budge - 35
- Insurance choices: Shaheen, Shea-Porter, Kuster mislead - 19
- Looking for Abigail: Public can help find her - 3
- Riding lessons: DRED improves horse rules - 5
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 15
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
Hooksett confident contract to send students to Pinkerton doesn't violate Manchester settlement