Newport schools receive computer donation from Dartmouth
The equipment was badly needed and is being put to good use in Towle School and Newport Middle High School, said Newport School District’s new Director of Technology Viki Bridge.
The desktops went to Towle School upper elementary for 5th and 6th graders and replace old computers used by students.
Bridge said the donation amounts to about $9,000 in equipment. Without the donation, she would have asked for the equipment in next year’s budget, she said.
“Especially since so much more of their curriculum is online. We have a new reading program in the district that has an online component to it,” Bridge said.A math program used by the district that keeps track of students’ progress also requires online access, she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles Krauthammer: Lower corporate tax rates or lose more firms - 0
- Roger Simon: If Hillary represents an Obama third term, she is doomed - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: Parvo scare could be detrimental to puppy training, despite slim risk - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 28
- John Stossel: The other green monster - 1
- Another View - Charles Lane: Obama's wedge issue is the seductive lure of golf - 3
- Jonah Goldberg: If the Islamic State is not evil, then what is? - 4
- George Will: Will we build the Navy we need? - 2
- Betsy McCaughey: Congress should take the lead on Iraq - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Time for Market Basket to get back to business - 0
- Playing for a purpose Field Hockey Jamboree at Manchester Memorial - 0
- Franklin Pierce's Kirsh to retire as AD - 0
- UNH Wildcat gridders can't stop Toledo, 54-20 - 0
- UNH Wildcats volleyball looking forward to good season - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats' cuts hold few surprises - 0
- New-look Boston Red Sox taking test run - 0
- NH Fisher Cats bats silenced in Conn., in 3-1 loss - 0
- Boston Red Sox limited to one hit in loss to Tampa Bay, 7-0 - 0
Mount Washington Auto Road to host largest gathering of alternative-energy based vehicles in North America
Amnesty? Garcia is against it
NH's teen pregnancy still lowest nationwide
George Will: Paul Ryan's way forward