Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Windham man sentenced in child pornography case
Prosecutors say that Roth compiled a collection of images and videos that depicted underage boys engaged in sexual contact with adult men.
Roth was arrested in January by Windham police and remained free on bail until his sentencing on Thursday.
Police learned about Roth’s pornography collection through Cybertips, operated by the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children. The information was passed on to police Sgt. Tom Grella, commander of the New Hampshire Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force.
Police interviewed Roth and his family during the investigation. The investigation revealed that Roth had uploaded and shared some of his collection with other people through the Internet, prosecutors said.
He received suspended 3- to 6-year prison sentences on five other charges, which would run consecutively if they were ever imposed.
Prosecutors could ask a judge to impose those sentences in the next 20 years if Roth does not remain on good behavior or comply with the terms of his plea agreement.
Judge Brian T. Tucker accepted the negotiated plea deal, and ordered Roth to undergo the state’s Sexual Offender Program. Tucker accepted the plea and sentenced Roth on Thursday. Police in Portsmouth, Windham, Derry, Nashua, Hinsdale and Rindge played a role in the investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424