Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
UPDATED: Nevada student shoots, kills teacher and self; wounds 2 students
Both of the wounded students from Sparks Middle School were rushed to Renown Regional Medical Center in nearby Reno, where one of them underwent emergency surgery, said Tom Miller, acting Sparks police chief.
"There are four casualties," Washoe County's emergency manager, Aaron Kenneston said. He could not immediately say whether any of the four were fatally wounded or provide information about their identities. He did say students were among those hurt.
The Reno Gazette-Journal reported that two people, including the shooter, had died in the incident in Sparks, a town in northern Nevada just east of Reno.
Two boys wounded in the shooting were hospitalized at Renown Regional Medical Center in critical condition, said Angela Rambo, a spokeswoman for the hospital.A police dispatcher said there was no ongoing threat. The dispatcher could not provide any information about the shooter.
Kenneston said the emergency call reporting the shooting came in at about 7:30 a.m. local time.Terry Bartek, a spokeswoman for the Washoe County School District, which includes Sparks, did not know if classes were already in session when the shooting occurred. Classes at the middle school and a neighboring elementary school were canceled as a precaution, Bartek said.
"Students from the actual school where the incident happened are being moved to another site to be picked up by parents," she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
- Suspected Pa. cop-killer Eric Frein taken into custody - 0
- Anonymous tip leads to arrest of moose poacher - 0
- Man facing robbery charges sentenced on probation violations - 0
- Victim in Hampton pedestrian crash files lawsuit against driver, town and state - 0
- Dover police say man broke into same business three times - 0
- Two more Keene State College students charged in riots - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Another View -- Cass R. Sunstein: The hidden tax you pay when you wait - 0
- John Stossel: Incumbents almost always win - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Campbell boys pull upset - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Where you go to college could be an issue at the polls - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483