Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
UPDATED: Nevada student shoots, kills teacher and self; wounds 2 students
Both of the wounded students from Sparks Middle School were rushed to Renown Regional Medical Center in nearby Reno, where one of them underwent emergency surgery, said Tom Miller, acting Sparks police chief.
"There are four casualties," Washoe County's emergency manager, Aaron Kenneston said. He could not immediately say whether any of the four were fatally wounded or provide information about their identities. He did say students were among those hurt.
The Reno Gazette-Journal reported that two people, including the shooter, had died in the incident in Sparks, a town in northern Nevada just east of Reno.
Two boys wounded in the shooting were hospitalized at Renown Regional Medical Center in critical condition, said Angela Rambo, a spokeswoman for the hospital.A police dispatcher said there was no ongoing threat. The dispatcher could not provide any information about the shooter.
Kenneston said the emergency call reporting the shooting came in at about 7:30 a.m. local time.Terry Bartek, a spokeswoman for the Washoe County School District, which includes Sparks, did not know if classes were already in session when the shooting occurred. Classes at the middle school and a neighboring elementary school were canceled as a precaution, Bartek said.
"Students from the actual school where the incident happened are being moved to another site to be picked up by parents," she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dover police say cyberstalking victim who committed suicide faced other 'stressors' - 0
- Berlin doctor enters settlement agreement for improperly prescribing drugs - 0
- Londonderry police chief probing online 'CopBlock' allegations - 1
- Exeter man charged in two 2013 burglaries - 0
- Documents say former UNH hockey coach allegedly grabbed player's jersey, helmet, and shouted in her face - 0
- Investigators ask public for help with Hernandez case - 3
- Merrimack man arrested in sexual assaults of juvenile - 0
- Police say boy, 6, found in getaway car - 1
- Keene man charged with June Central Square 'chalking' assault - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette: To keep Libertarians off the ballot, NH violates their rights - 0
- Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's counterweight to a strong central government - 0
- Tom Woodlock All-Stars primed for success in Babe Ruth tournament - 0
- Manchester waives right to buy Millyard building - 0
- Police search for missing Stratford woman - 0
- Blue Jays cool off Red Sox - 0
- Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 0
Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917