Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
UPDATED: Nevada student shoots, kills teacher and self; wounds 2 students
Both of the wounded students from Sparks Middle School were rushed to Renown Regional Medical Center in nearby Reno, where one of them underwent emergency surgery, said Tom Miller, acting Sparks police chief.
"There are four casualties," Washoe County's emergency manager, Aaron Kenneston said. He could not immediately say whether any of the four were fatally wounded or provide information about their identities. He did say students were among those hurt.
The Reno Gazette-Journal reported that two people, including the shooter, had died in the incident in Sparks, a town in northern Nevada just east of Reno.
Two boys wounded in the shooting were hospitalized at Renown Regional Medical Center in critical condition, said Angela Rambo, a spokeswoman for the hospital.A police dispatcher said there was no ongoing threat. The dispatcher could not provide any information about the shooter.
Kenneston said the emergency call reporting the shooting came in at about 7:30 a.m. local time.Terry Bartek, a spokeswoman for the Washoe County School District, which includes Sparks, did not know if classes were already in session when the shooting occurred. Classes at the middle school and a neighboring elementary school were canceled as a precaution, Bartek said.
"Students from the actual school where the incident happened are being moved to another site to be picked up by parents," she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
- Total Votes: 917