Spirit of Halloween alive at Hudson's 'Bark in the Park'
Hudson resident Patty Langlais adjusts the banana costumes on her Boston terrier, Abby, and French bulldog, Radar, at the Bark in the Park event Saturday afternoon. april guilmet
The dog park opened inside Benson Park several years ago and operates entirely on the efforts of volunteers for its constant upkeep, said board secretary Cheryl Wheeler.
Local pet supply store America's Pets and Hudson-based dog treat bakery Casey Jones Bones donated 100 percent of the proceeds from Saturday's sales to the dog park.
"We'd start by having bake sales at the store before the park was even built," Marks said.Photos of this year's doggie costume contest contestants are posted on the Friends of Hudson Dog Park Facebook page, where visitors can "like" their favorite costumed canines from now through Halloween.The most "likeable" pooch will win a special goody basket, Wheeler said.
The park opened to the public last fall.
For more information visit www.hudsondogpark.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 28
- The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw - 29
- Smith schools Hassan: Leadership in Londonderry - 0
- Where officers live: Manchester is missing the point - 4
- Leo Bernier: For Hillsborough County Commission - 0
- Insurance exchanges Sam's Club or Obama's club? - 11
- Garcia and Guinta: For a change, send them to DC - 22
- Jeanne's travel ban: She doesn't want Obama here - 14
- Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks - 9
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Cass R. Sunstein: The hidden tax you pay when you wait - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Campbell boys pull upset - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 16
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
- Rocket blast damps Orbital as commercial space rush lures rivals - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters