Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Psych patient charged in attack at Manchester hospital admitted to Boston facility
He was supposed to be arraigned Thursday morning on a charge of simple assault, Tessier said, but police were notified he would not make that court date, and it was postponed until Friday. He did not attend that hearing either, she said.
A shift supervisor at Valley Street Jail, who identified himself only as Lt. Williams, said he could not comment on the matter and referred all questions to Superintendent David Dionne, who he said would not be available until Monday.
Tessier said a police officer stayed with Ornelas while a doctor treated him in the emergency room after the attack. She said he did not suffer any additional injuries while in police custody Wednesday.
"His period of time in our booking facility was uneventful, and he went to the Valley Street Jail with no additional problems other than the facial injuries from the initial encounter with the security guard."
New Hampshire Hospital, the state's 158-bed psychiatric hospital in Concord, has been operating at full capacity for years, a hospital official said last week.
Last week's attack at Elliot Hospital was the second in the past four months involving a psychiatric patient there.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
- Suspected Pa. cop-killer Eric Frein taken into custody - 0
- Anonymous tip leads to arrest of moose poacher - 0
- Man facing robbery charges sentenced on probation violations - 0
- Victim in Hampton pedestrian crash files lawsuit against driver, town and state - 0
- Dover police say man broke into same business three times - 0
- Two more Keene State College students charged in riots - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Another View -- Cass R. Sunstein: The hidden tax you pay when you wait - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Campbell boys pull upset - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 16
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483