Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Psych patient charged in attack at Manchester hospital admitted to Boston facility
He was supposed to be arraigned Thursday morning on a charge of simple assault, Tessier said, but police were notified he would not make that court date, and it was postponed until Friday. He did not attend that hearing either, she said.
A shift supervisor at Valley Street Jail, who identified himself only as Lt. Williams, said he could not comment on the matter and referred all questions to Superintendent David Dionne, who he said would not be available until Monday.
Tessier said a police officer stayed with Ornelas while a doctor treated him in the emergency room after the attack. She said he did not suffer any additional injuries while in police custody Wednesday.
"His period of time in our booking facility was uneventful, and he went to the Valley Street Jail with no additional problems other than the facial injuries from the initial encounter with the security guard."
New Hampshire Hospital, the state's 158-bed psychiatric hospital in Concord, has been operating at full capacity for years, a hospital official said last week.
Last week's attack at Elliot Hospital was the second in the past four months involving a psychiatric patient there.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 4
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 2
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424