Home » Sports » College Sports
College Football: Villanova rolls into Durham for key game
Andy Talley’s team is back now and brings a No. 12 ranking, 4-2 overall mark, four-game win streak and 3-0 record in the Colonial Athletic Association into today’s noontime clash against UNH at Cowell.
“After what we saw of Towson and then how these guys played against Towson, we’re not getting lot of sleep at night,” said UNH coach Sean McDonnell.
UNH is 2-3 overall, 1-1 in the CAA, and can ill afford another loss if it hopes to return to the FCS playoffs for a 10th straight season.
“We know it’s going to be our biggest challenge yet,” Goldrich said. “There’s nothing to be scared of. We know we do have a talented offense. When we show up Saturday everyone knows we have our backs against the wall.”
Sean Ryan, a senior offensive guard from Londonderry, is back from injury and expected to play for the first time this year.
Alexander Morrill, a redshirt freshman lineman from Lebanon, will play as well. He filled in as a starter last week for Tad McNeely, who is also due back.
Steriti has carried 70 times for 457 yards, an average of 6.5 yards a carry.
- - - - - - -
St. Anselm, 0-6 overall and 0-5 in the Northeast-10, plays its Homecoming game today at 1 p.m. against Merrimack, 3-3. Armond McRae, a sophomore out of Nashua South, averages 7.2 yards a carry on 40 rushes for Merrimack. . . . Dartmouth, 2-2 overall and 1-1 in the Ivy League, plays Bucknell, 1-4, at home at 1:30 today in its final non-league game. Senior tailback Dominick Pierre averages 133.8 yards a game to lead the Ivy League in rushing. . . . Plymouth State, 1-4 overall and 0-3 in the MASCAC, plays Bridgewater State, 3-3 and 2-1, at home at 1 p.m. today.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
- Angry birds clash - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Wildcats defeat Maine to advance - 1
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- SNHU wins national title - 1
- UNH fires coach McCloskey over 'incident of inappropriate physical contact with a player' - 0
- UNH No. 18 in USCHO.com poll - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Motorists injured in two car collision on Route 9, Spofford - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
- Greenfield planners seek input on Heritage District plan proposal - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
A chief walks: No charges in New London
Big tipper stops for lunch