Home » Sports » College Sports
College Football: Villanova rolls into Durham for key game
Andy Talley’s team is back now and brings a No. 12 ranking, 4-2 overall mark, four-game win streak and 3-0 record in the Colonial Athletic Association into today’s noontime clash against UNH at Cowell.
“After what we saw of Towson and then how these guys played against Towson, we’re not getting lot of sleep at night,” said UNH coach Sean McDonnell.
UNH is 2-3 overall, 1-1 in the CAA, and can ill afford another loss if it hopes to return to the FCS playoffs for a 10th straight season.
“We know it’s going to be our biggest challenge yet,” Goldrich said. “There’s nothing to be scared of. We know we do have a talented offense. When we show up Saturday everyone knows we have our backs against the wall.”
Sean Ryan, a senior offensive guard from Londonderry, is back from injury and expected to play for the first time this year.
Alexander Morrill, a redshirt freshman lineman from Lebanon, will play as well. He filled in as a starter last week for Tad McNeely, who is also due back.
Steriti has carried 70 times for 457 yards, an average of 6.5 yards a carry.
- - - - - - -
St. Anselm, 0-6 overall and 0-5 in the Northeast-10, plays its Homecoming game today at 1 p.m. against Merrimack, 3-3. Armond McRae, a sophomore out of Nashua South, averages 7.2 yards a carry on 40 rushes for Merrimack. . . . Dartmouth, 2-2 overall and 1-1 in the Ivy League, plays Bucknell, 1-4, at home at 1:30 today in its final non-league game. Senior tailback Dominick Pierre averages 133.8 yards a game to lead the Ivy League in rushing. . . . Plymouth State, 1-4 overall and 0-3 in the MASCAC, plays Bridgewater State, 3-3 and 2-1, at home at 1 p.m. today.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Football social planned for Turkey Bowl eve - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Hot stove plus hockey equals cool doubleheader - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Much-loved Lemire was dedicated to city's kids - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: High school hoops preseason jamboree finally a reality - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Monarchs' Morris salutes fans - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Stunning ending authored by Brady. - 1
- John Habib's City Sports: A couple of Pioneers are on the move - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Memorial principal explains football time changes - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Joe Sullivan stories recall a great storyteller - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 2
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child