Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Chance to clinch is on Buchholz's shoulders
It's been a while, which means his timing could not be much worse.
The chatter is going to continue to be about the aces, and Buchholz wants to be included in the conversation.
That's the opposite of domination.
"There were a couple of innings I let the ball get out of the zone and they hit it out of the park. I need to minimize the damage a little bit better," he said. "Both video and talking to whoever is on the staff, you can sort of pick each other's brain and see what I was feeling, what I could have done differently and how to get better from it."
The game after his start, Buchholz watched Lackey shut down the Tigers here in Game 3, holding them scoreless and to just four hits over 6 2/3 innings. More importantly, he held Cabrera hitless with one strikeout and Martinez to only one single.
Buchholz will need to do a lot better than a little bit better.
He began his season 9-0 with a 1.71 ERA and .195 batting average in 12 starts. That's the kind of pitching that the Tigers starters and some of the Red Sox starters have been providing this series. It's high time for Buchholz to join the party.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Football social planned for Turkey Bowl eve - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Hot stove plus hockey equals cool doubleheader - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Much-loved Lemire was dedicated to city's kids - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: High school hoops preseason jamboree finally a reality - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Monarchs' Morris salutes fans - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Stunning ending authored by Brady. - 1
- John Habib's City Sports: A couple of Pioneers are on the move - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Memorial principal explains football time changes - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Joe Sullivan stories recall a great storyteller - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- West, Towson look to run past Eagles - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Ice storm threatens the region
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass