Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Chance to clinch is on Buchholz's shoulders
It's been a while, which means his timing could not be much worse.
The chatter is going to continue to be about the aces, and Buchholz wants to be included in the conversation.
That's the opposite of domination.
"There were a couple of innings I let the ball get out of the zone and they hit it out of the park. I need to minimize the damage a little bit better," he said. "Both video and talking to whoever is on the staff, you can sort of pick each other's brain and see what I was feeling, what I could have done differently and how to get better from it."
The game after his start, Buchholz watched Lackey shut down the Tigers here in Game 3, holding them scoreless and to just four hits over 6 2/3 innings. More importantly, he held Cabrera hitless with one strikeout and Martinez to only one single.
Buchholz will need to do a lot better than a little bit better.
He began his season 9-0 with a 1.71 ERA and .195 batting average in 12 starts. That's the kind of pitching that the Tigers starters and some of the Red Sox starters have been providing this series. It's high time for Buchholz to join the party.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Florida State's Winston captures Heisman Trophy by a landslide - 0
- College Football: UNH in FCS semifinals for first time ever - 2
- College Sports Roundup: SNHU men cagers can't hold big lead against Merrimack - 1
- Good-natured talk leads to friendly bet in UNH game - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Hard work paid off for UNH coaches - 0
- College Football: UNH on a business trip - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 1
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 2
READER COMMENTS: 8
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Shaheen, Ayotte on opposite sides of procedural vote on budget compromise - 3
- Snow slows NH rush hour; cancels many evening events - 1
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- NH ranks first in controlling infectious disease, according to report - 1
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Knife-wielding robbers target two stores in Manchester - 2
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos