Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Chance to clinch is on Buchholz's shoulders
It's been a while, which means his timing could not be much worse.
The chatter is going to continue to be about the aces, and Buchholz wants to be included in the conversation.
That's the opposite of domination.
"There were a couple of innings I let the ball get out of the zone and they hit it out of the park. I need to minimize the damage a little bit better," he said. "Both video and talking to whoever is on the staff, you can sort of pick each other's brain and see what I was feeling, what I could have done differently and how to get better from it."
The game after his start, Buchholz watched Lackey shut down the Tigers here in Game 3, holding them scoreless and to just four hits over 6 2/3 innings. More importantly, he held Cabrera hitless with one strikeout and Martinez to only one single.
Buchholz will need to do a lot better than a little bit better.
He began his season 9-0 with a 1.71 ERA and .195 batting average in 12 starts. That's the kind of pitching that the Tigers starters and some of the Red Sox starters have been providing this series. It's high time for Buchholz to join the party.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Since Day 1, a focus on excellence for Penmen - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Once more, with even more feeling - 0
- NH College Roundup: Dartmouth basketball team rips Maine - 0
- Dartmouth hockey team tops Harvard for first victory - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Defense drives Wildcats' bus -- all the way to Orono - 1
- Men's Hockey: DeSmith posts shutout as Wildcats sweep Colorado College - 0
- College Football: Complete victory sees UNH move on in FCS playoffs - 1
- College Sports Roundup: SNHU falls in PAL/Stovepipe hockey play - 0
- NH College Notebook: Six SNHU men's soccer players named to All-East Region team - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Boychuk’s status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 0
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Fourth-graders ‘experience’ Ellis Island
Copper stolen from old Salem school
Two in Keene robbed at home
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list