Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Chance to clinch is on Buchholz's shoulders
It's been a while, which means his timing could not be much worse.
The chatter is going to continue to be about the aces, and Buchholz wants to be included in the conversation.
That's the opposite of domination.
"There were a couple of innings I let the ball get out of the zone and they hit it out of the park. I need to minimize the damage a little bit better," he said. "Both video and talking to whoever is on the staff, you can sort of pick each other's brain and see what I was feeling, what I could have done differently and how to get better from it."
The game after his start, Buchholz watched Lackey shut down the Tigers here in Game 3, holding them scoreless and to just four hits over 6 2/3 innings. More importantly, he held Cabrera hitless with one strikeout and Martinez to only one single.
Buchholz will need to do a lot better than a little bit better.
He began his season 9-0 with a 1.71 ERA and .195 batting average in 12 starts. That's the kind of pitching that the Tigers starters and some of the Red Sox starters have been providing this series. It's high time for Buchholz to join the party.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Florida State's Winston captures Heisman Trophy by a landslide - 0
- College Football: UNH in FCS semifinals for first time ever - 2
- College Sports Roundup: SNHU men cagers can't hold big lead against Merrimack - 1
- Good-natured talk leads to friendly bet in UNH game - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Hard work paid off for UNH coaches - 0
- College Football: UNH on a business trip - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 1
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 2
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan