NHIAA Football: Tide stake claim to No. 1, top Bedford
Concord, the top-ranked team in the Union Leader/WGIR/WMUR Power Poll, received three touchdowns from running back Marc Gaudet — two rushing and one receiving — and posted a 34-27 victory over No. 2 Bedford at Memorial Field.
Bedford allowed more points against the Crimson Tide than it did in its first six games (26).
The Crimson Tide responded again, however. Law threw a 29-yard TD pass to Seimou Smith and then tossed a completion to Gaudet for the two-point conversion to increase the lead to 34-20 with 10:15 to go in the game.
Concord and Nashua South are now the only unbeaten teams remaining in Division I.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weal powers Monarchs past Phantoms - 0
- Gale lifts Monarchs to 3-1 win - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Weary Monarchs lose in shootout - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs yet to flip switch on power play - 0
- Monarchs fall, settle for two-win weekend - 0
- Ian Clark's Monarchs Notebook: Berube makes most of his shot - 0
- Red-hot Monarchs top Wolf Pack on the road - 0
- Deslauriers comes through in the Nick of time for Monarchs - 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 4
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0