Finally, Monarchs are home
Monarchs weekendTonight: At Hartford Wolf Pack (N.Y. Rangers), 7 p.m.
Saturday: vs. Providence Bruins (Boston) at Verizon Wireless Arena, 7 p.m.
Sunday: vs. Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins (Pittsburgh) at Verizon Wireless Arena, 3 p.m.
Radio: WPKX (930 AM)
Fast fact: Providence boasts two Dartmouth College products: Matt Lindblad and Nick Johnson. Lindblad was the Big Green's second-leading scorer last winter as a junior, then turned pro.
The Monarchs (3-0-1) have one more road game tonight at Hartford at 7 before the home opener at Verizon Wireless Arena Saturday at 7 p.m. against the Providence Bruins. Manchester will then host Wilkes-Barre/Scranton on Sunday at 3 p.m.
"It's going to be great. It's been a long time coming and I think the boys are anxious to get back there," said goalie Martin Jones. "Sometimes playing on the road early in the season is not the worst thing. You get everybody on the bus together and those are good team-building things."
Providence also has two young goalies that Boston is watching closely. Niklas Svedberg is 2-0-1 with a 2.25 goals-against average. Rookie Malcom Subban is 0-1, giving up four goals in his pro debut.
"We'll probably have to get a start for Berube at some point and give him a shot and see how he handles things here," Morris said. "We'll have a few decisions to make and hopefully, we stay healthy so that chemistry continues to build."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- H.S. Football: Knight leads South past North - 0
- H.S. Football: Trinity, with all the trimmings, runs past Central - 3
- Unchained following 34 years, Thursday's Turkey Bowl is Paul Boucher's last game - 1
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Motivation aplenty for Central and Trinity in Manchester's annual Turkey Bowl - 3
- Martinez, Rodriguez lift Salem past Lawrence - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: On any given Thursday - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Crimson glide - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: This year, No. 1 is a no-doubter - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Concord proves it's the state's best - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 5
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans