Finally, Monarchs are home
Monarchs weekendTonight: At Hartford Wolf Pack (N.Y. Rangers), 7 p.m.
Saturday: vs. Providence Bruins (Boston) at Verizon Wireless Arena, 7 p.m.
Sunday: vs. Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins (Pittsburgh) at Verizon Wireless Arena, 3 p.m.
Radio: WPKX (930 AM)
Fast fact: Providence boasts two Dartmouth College products: Matt Lindblad and Nick Johnson. Lindblad was the Big Green's second-leading scorer last winter as a junior, then turned pro.
The Monarchs (3-0-1) have one more road game tonight at Hartford at 7 before the home opener at Verizon Wireless Arena Saturday at 7 p.m. against the Providence Bruins. Manchester will then host Wilkes-Barre/Scranton on Sunday at 3 p.m.
"It's going to be great. It's been a long time coming and I think the boys are anxious to get back there," said goalie Martin Jones. "Sometimes playing on the road early in the season is not the worst thing. You get everybody on the bus together and those are good team-building things."
Providence also has two young goalies that Boston is watching closely. Niklas Svedberg is 2-0-1 with a 2.25 goals-against average. Rookie Malcom Subban is 0-1, giving up four goals in his pro debut.
"We'll probably have to get a start for Berube at some point and give him a shot and see how he handles things here," Morris said. "We'll have a few decisions to make and hopefully, we stay healthy so that chemistry continues to build."
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Reports: Yankees get Red Sox Jacoby Ellsbury - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
Hooksett confident contract to send students to Pinkerton doesn't violate Manchester settlement