Finally, Monarchs are home
Monarchs weekendTonight: At Hartford Wolf Pack (N.Y. Rangers), 7 p.m.
Saturday: vs. Providence Bruins (Boston) at Verizon Wireless Arena, 7 p.m.
Sunday: vs. Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins (Pittsburgh) at Verizon Wireless Arena, 3 p.m.
Radio: WPKX (930 AM)
Fast fact: Providence boasts two Dartmouth College products: Matt Lindblad and Nick Johnson. Lindblad was the Big Green's second-leading scorer last winter as a junior, then turned pro.
The Monarchs (3-0-1) have one more road game tonight at Hartford at 7 before the home opener at Verizon Wireless Arena Saturday at 7 p.m. against the Providence Bruins. Manchester will then host Wilkes-Barre/Scranton on Sunday at 3 p.m.
"It's going to be great. It's been a long time coming and I think the boys are anxious to get back there," said goalie Martin Jones. "Sometimes playing on the road early in the season is not the worst thing. You get everybody on the bus together and those are good team-building things."
Providence also has two young goalies that Boston is watching closely. Niklas Svedberg is 2-0-1 with a 2.25 goals-against average. Rookie Malcom Subban is 0-1, giving up four goals in his pro debut.
"We'll probably have to get a start for Berube at some point and give him a shot and see how he handles things here," Morris said. "We'll have a few decisions to make and hopefully, we stay healthy so that chemistry continues to build."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- H.S. Football: Knight leads South past North - 0
- H.S. Football: Trinity, with all the trimmings, runs past Central - 3
- Unchained following 34 years, Thursday's Turkey Bowl is Paul Boucher's last game - 1
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Motivation aplenty for Central and Trinity in Manchester's annual Turkey Bowl - 3
- Martinez, Rodriguez lift Salem past Lawrence - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: On any given Thursday - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Crimson glide - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: This year, No. 1 is a no-doubter - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand