Monarchs fall to Hartford in shootout
The Monarchs (3-0-2) play their first home game of the season Saturday night when the Providence Bruins visit Verizon Wireless Arena for a 7 p.m. game.
Hartford (4-0-1) scored two quick goals in the third period to erase a 3-1 Manchester lead.
Linden Vey had a chance to win the game in overtime for Manchester when he was awarded a penalty shot, but Hartford goalie Cam Talbot made the save.
Tanner Pearson put Manchester on top 2-1 early in the second period. Pearson broke in alone on Talbot and beat the Wolfpack goalie with a forehand shot.
The Monarchs announced on Friday that veteran defenseman Andrew Campbell has been named team captain and defenseman Andrew Bodnarchuk and Vey were named alternate captains. Campbell is in his sixth season with the team.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Outrage du jour Garcia, Sullivan and victimhood - 30
- Cyber Monday alarm: The sales tax monster rises - 7
- Mile marker: Londonderry trail’s first step - 0
- Definitely broken: City's winter parking ban - 2
- What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out' - 26
- Closing classrooms: Relief for Webster, Beech Street schools in Manchester.? - 2
- Unwanted professors: How does one get fired at UNH? - 15
- Bumped for Benghazi: A reporter is held accountable - 3
- Dangerous Iran deal: Weakening sanctions is senseless - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 2
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 3
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Scott Brown still weighing options