Home » News » Public Safety
Missing Nashua teen returns home
Alex White, and eighth-grader at Elm Street Middle School, packed a bag and left home after an incident at school on Wednesday, prompting his mother to contact authorities and report him missing.
"He is 13-years-old and I don't know where he slept last night," Kay White, Alex's mother, said on Thursday.
According to White, Alex has been bullied at school for the past few weeks. The bullying must have reached a tipping point on Wednesday when Alex felt the need to use his cell phone at school to contact and threaten one of the kids that has been the culprit, she said.
"He got into trouble at school for using his phone, so I took it from him after school. The punishment fit the crime, so at the time it seemed like the right thing to do," she said, worrying about her son on the streets without a phone.
Police said White returned home safely on Friday morning.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rymes Oil employees pull Bradford man from flaming wreck, but driver succumbs to injuries - 0
- Keene man killed in work accident in Troy Monday - 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Heavy, wet snow causes extended outages for Unitil customers - 0
- Osgood Road closed in Milford, 33% without power - 0
- PSNH says storm ranks as 4th largest for peak outage - 0
- Henniker police shoot suspect in truck heist - 0
- More than 200,000 New Hampshire customers without power - 1
- Thanksgiving travel a nightmare as storm dumps heavy, wet snow - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats put selves in strong position - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record