Home » News » Public Safety
Missing Nashua teen returns home
Alex White, and eighth-grader at Elm Street Middle School, packed a bag and left home after an incident at school on Wednesday, prompting his mother to contact authorities and report him missing.
"He is 13-years-old and I don't know where he slept last night," Kay White, Alex's mother, said on Thursday.
According to White, Alex has been bullied at school for the past few weeks. The bullying must have reached a tipping point on Wednesday when Alex felt the need to use his cell phone at school to contact and threaten one of the kids that has been the culprit, she said.
"He got into trouble at school for using his phone, so I took it from him after school. The punishment fit the crime, so at the time it seemed like the right thing to do," she said, worrying about her son on the streets without a phone.
Police said White returned home safely on Friday morning.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 4
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 15
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it