Home » News » Public Safety
Missing Nashua teen returns home
Alex White, and eighth-grader at Elm Street Middle School, packed a bag and left home after an incident at school on Wednesday, prompting his mother to contact authorities and report him missing.
"He is 13-years-old and I don't know where he slept last night," Kay White, Alex's mother, said on Thursday.
According to White, Alex has been bullied at school for the past few weeks. The bullying must have reached a tipping point on Wednesday when Alex felt the need to use his cell phone at school to contact and threaten one of the kids that has been the culprit, she said.
"He got into trouble at school for using his phone, so I took it from him after school. The punishment fit the crime, so at the time it seemed like the right thing to do," she said, worrying about her son on the streets without a phone.
Police said White returned home safely on Friday morning.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Weare Deputy Chief Sean Kelly set to manage Weare Police Department - 0
- Lizard in food sends 300 schoolchildren to hospital - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Communications giant chips in for generator for Derry FD - 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem