Home » News » Public Safety
Derry Police Dept. promotes 2 officers
A 20-year veteran of the force, Frank Stoncius was promoted from sergeant to lieutenant; and Edward Budroe, a 14-year veteran was promoted to sergeant, said Capt. Vernon Thomas.
Stoncius fills a position left by former Lt. Jon Twiss, a 28-year veteran of the force who left in August to become the police chief in Fremont.
Stoncius has had many specialized assignments during his police career, Thomas said. He was assigned to OHRV patrol and was a field training officer. He also assisted Thomas with the School Safety Program and was a representative for the Town Safety Committee, Thomas said.
"We make sure the officers earn it each day," Thomas said. "The job is not like any other. They make split-second decisions that get evaluated by others for months, perhaps years."
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Nashua man critical after being hit by box truck - 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinnaRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- 'Bingo hunting' police use random license plate checks to make arrest - 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
Dartmouth women skaters beat Union
Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison