Home » News » Public Safety
Derry Police Dept. promotes 2 officers
A 20-year veteran of the force, Frank Stoncius was promoted from sergeant to lieutenant; and Edward Budroe, a 14-year veteran was promoted to sergeant, said Capt. Vernon Thomas.
Stoncius fills a position left by former Lt. Jon Twiss, a 28-year veteran of the force who left in August to become the police chief in Fremont.
Stoncius has had many specialized assignments during his police career, Thomas said. He was assigned to OHRV patrol and was a field training officer. He also assisted Thomas with the School Safety Program and was a representative for the Town Safety Committee, Thomas said.
"We make sure the officers earn it each day," Thomas said. "The job is not like any other. They make split-second decisions that get evaluated by others for months, perhaps years."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
- Weare residents turn out to express police department concerns - 1
- Tamworth man struck, killed by UPS truck - 0
- Two boys rescued from Hood Pond - 1
- Woman killed in Nashua crash - 0
- Wednesday night Derry blaze under investigation - 0
- Gunfire from police range disturbs Plaistow neighbors - 1
- Cause of Ashland fire investigated - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- Police searching for person stealing from cars in Manchester - 0
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 0
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: State Legion rejects Post 79’s request for senior team - 0
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Offend someone? To jail with you!
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
College Football: Wildcats are CAA champs
College Hockey: Providence blanks UNH