Home » News » Public Safety
Derry Police Dept. promotes 2 officers
A 20-year veteran of the force, Frank Stoncius was promoted from sergeant to lieutenant; and Edward Budroe, a 14-year veteran was promoted to sergeant, said Capt. Vernon Thomas.
Stoncius fills a position left by former Lt. Jon Twiss, a 28-year veteran of the force who left in August to become the police chief in Fremont.
Stoncius has had many specialized assignments during his police career, Thomas said. He was assigned to OHRV patrol and was a field training officer. He also assisted Thomas with the School Safety Program and was a representative for the Town Safety Committee, Thomas said.
"We make sure the officers earn it each day," Thomas said. "The job is not like any other. They make split-second decisions that get evaluated by others for months, perhaps years."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 1
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
- Three firefighters recovering after injuries in fast-moving Claremont house fire - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax