Home » News » Public Safety
Derry Police Dept. promotes 2 officers
A 20-year veteran of the force, Frank Stoncius was promoted from sergeant to lieutenant; and Edward Budroe, a 14-year veteran was promoted to sergeant, said Capt. Vernon Thomas.
Stoncius fills a position left by former Lt. Jon Twiss, a 28-year veteran of the force who left in August to become the police chief in Fremont.
Stoncius has had many specialized assignments during his police career, Thomas said. He was assigned to OHRV patrol and was a field training officer. He also assisted Thomas with the School Safety Program and was a representative for the Town Safety Committee, Thomas said.
"We make sure the officers earn it each day," Thomas said. "The job is not like any other. They make split-second decisions that get evaluated by others for months, perhaps years."
READER COMMENTS: 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
- Struggling Fisher Cats defeated again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire