Home » News » Public Safety
Two critically hurt in Manchester wreck
District Fire Chief Al Poulin told the New Hampshire Union Leader at the scene that the passenger in the Dodge Charger was removed first, but rescue crews had to cut the roof off the vehicle in order to remove the driver.
Initial reports from the scene indicated that there were two people trapped in the car and that it was on fire.
Neighbors said they were startled by sound of the multiple impacts.
Another neighbor said it sounded like the too-familiar sounds she occasionally hears from accidents on Interstate 93 a short distance away.
The Charger was demolished in the crash, and Poulan praised the rescue workers who worked to free the two men.
The car involved in the crash had temporary, 20 day license tags, suggesting the vehicle had recently been purchased from a licensed dealer.
Neighbors said there was a serious crash at the same intersection several years ago in which one person was killed.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pair rescues dog from frozen Raymond river - 0
- Pilot safe after crash landing on Alton ice runway - 0
- Police dog Mingo is in even better hands - 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 1
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Comcast-Time Warner Cable deal would create formidable giant - 0
- NH College Notebook: Rye's Drummond sets Smith College scoring mark - 0
- NHIAA Hockey Roundup: John Stark-Hopkinton eliminates Portsmouth - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?
George Will: The face of IRS behavior