Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Former Manchester officer gets a year for crash
A jury in August found Connare innocent of second-degree assault and vehicular assault. Brown ruled the prosecution had not proved a misdemeanor drunken driving charge.
Connare's attorney, Eric Wilson, had sought a complete deferral of a one-year sentence to be followed by suspension for two years. Wilson said: "He's never shied away from responsibility."
Connare was originally charged with drunken driving and assault in connection with the high-speed crash that sent Heather O'Regan's car off the road and into a bridge abutment.
Connare said he had wanted to apologize to O'Regan immediately but couldn't.
"I am truly sorry," he said, adding that normally he wants and tries to help people. "That's the kind of person I am."
"I deserve to be punished," he said, but added that he "lost a career that I love."
A 21-year police veteran, Connare is eligible to draw a pension estimated at nearly $37,000 a year.
After the sentencing, O'Regan said she was appreciative of the work done by the prosecution and the court. She also said, "I'll be checking my rearview mirror more often."
Connare will be on probation for one year once he finishes serving his sentence.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 0
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 3
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 1
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 9
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Rondo leads Celtics past Nets
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief