Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Former Manchester officer gets a year for crash
A jury in August found Connare innocent of second-degree assault and vehicular assault. Brown ruled the prosecution had not proved a misdemeanor drunken driving charge.
Connare's attorney, Eric Wilson, had sought a complete deferral of a one-year sentence to be followed by suspension for two years. Wilson said: "He's never shied away from responsibility."
Connare was originally charged with drunken driving and assault in connection with the high-speed crash that sent Heather O'Regan's car off the road and into a bridge abutment.
Connare said he had wanted to apologize to O'Regan immediately but couldn't.
"I am truly sorry," he said, adding that normally he wants and tries to help people. "That's the kind of person I am."
"I deserve to be punished," he said, but added that he "lost a career that I love."
A 21-year police veteran, Connare is eligible to draw a pension estimated at nearly $37,000 a year.
After the sentencing, O'Regan said she was appreciative of the work done by the prosecution and the court. She also said, "I'll be checking my rearview mirror more often."
Connare will be on probation for one year once he finishes serving his sentence.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483