Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Former Manchester officer gets a year for crash
A jury in August found Connare innocent of second-degree assault and vehicular assault. Brown ruled the prosecution had not proved a misdemeanor drunken driving charge.
Connare's attorney, Eric Wilson, had sought a complete deferral of a one-year sentence to be followed by suspension for two years. Wilson said: "He's never shied away from responsibility."
Connare was originally charged with drunken driving and assault in connection with the high-speed crash that sent Heather O'Regan's car off the road and into a bridge abutment.
Connare said he had wanted to apologize to O'Regan immediately but couldn't.
"I am truly sorry," he said, adding that normally he wants and tries to help people. "That's the kind of person I am."
"I deserve to be punished," he said, but added that he "lost a career that I love."
A 21-year police veteran, Connare is eligible to draw a pension estimated at nearly $37,000 a year.
After the sentencing, O'Regan said she was appreciative of the work done by the prosecution and the court. She also said, "I'll be checking my rearview mirror more often."
Connare will be on probation for one year once he finishes serving his sentence.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 4
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424