Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
May 29, 2014
Epping police seek driver accused of fleeing after man fell from truck
Joseph "J.D." Bye, 21, of 6 Lorraines Place, is wanted in connection with the incident that allegedly happened Tuesday afternoon on Jenness Road.
Police Chief Michael Wallace said arrest warrants have been issued for Bye on charges of reckless conduct, conduct after an accident, and driving with a suspended license.
According to police, Bye and another individual met up with the victim, Steven Clark, shortly before the incident.
At some point, Bye allegedly began driving off in a 2001 Ford Ranger while Clark ran after him and grabbed the bed of the truck, Wallace said.
Clark was hanging onto the bed of the truck in the area of Fuller Lane when he fell off and landed on the road, Wallace said.
Clark suffered what police described as "serious" injuries. Bye is accused of failing to stop at the scene and failing to provide information to police.
Wallace said a neighbor who witnessed the accident ran over to assist Clark, who asked that his mother be called.
Clark's mother arrived and drove him to Exeter Hospital, where he was treated and later transferred to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston.
"The victim is recovering from his injuries," Wallace said Friday.
The charges allege that Bye "recklessly engaged in conduct by driving a motor vehicle while Steven Clark was hanging on to the outside, which placed Steven Clark in danger of serious bodily injury, by continuing to drive on Jenness Road until Steven Clark fell from the moving vehicle."
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to call the Epping Police Department at 679-5122.
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Man arrested in two Portsmouth robberies - 0
- Manchester man arrested for attempted robbery in Laconia - 0
- Dover man among two sought in connection with Maine murder - 0
- High-speed chase starts in NH, ends in Massachusetts - 1
- Justices send drug case back to Rockingham County Superior Court - 0
- Backlash from former detective's early release increasing - 9
- East Kingston man sentenced to prison in sex assault case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 5
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Philadelphia outlasts Revolution, weather in U.S. Open Cup - 0
- Rock Cats sweep Fishers in rain-makeup doubleheader - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
- Total Votes: 917