Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Psychiatric patient faces upgraded assault charge
Ornelas, of 54 Lancaster Ave., had been scheduled for arraignment Friday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division on a misdemeanor simple assault charge.
Police filed the more serious charge and intended to drop the misdemeanor at the arraignment session, but Ornelas remains hospitalized and no new date for arraignment has been set.
Ornelas was at the Elliot Hospital, awaiting transfer to the New Hampshire State Hospital, which has a waiting list. Police said he became increasingly agitated Wednesday and when the security guard, a retired New Hampshire State Trooper, sought to return Ornelas to his room, Ornelas attacked guard Lawrence Bolduc. Police said it took several security guards, a Manchester police officer who was on a detail at the Emergency Room, and pepper spray to get Ornelas under control and handcuffed.
Ornelas and Bolduc were treated for facial injuries.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483