Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Psychiatric patient faces upgraded assault charge
Ornelas, of 54 Lancaster Ave., had been scheduled for arraignment Friday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division on a misdemeanor simple assault charge.
Police filed the more serious charge and intended to drop the misdemeanor at the arraignment session, but Ornelas remains hospitalized and no new date for arraignment has been set.
Ornelas was at the Elliot Hospital, awaiting transfer to the New Hampshire State Hospital, which has a waiting list. Police said he became increasingly agitated Wednesday and when the security guard, a retired New Hampshire State Trooper, sought to return Ornelas to his room, Ornelas attacked guard Lawrence Bolduc. Police said it took several security guards, a Manchester police officer who was on a detail at the Emergency Room, and pepper spray to get Ornelas under control and handcuffed.
Ornelas and Bolduc were treated for facial injuries.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- N.Y. man sentenced in sex assault of NH child in 1988 - 0
- Convicted murderer entitled to hearing on new DNA evidence after 42 years, Supreme Court rules - 2
- Two charged in thefts from parked cars in Manchester - 0
- Hudson man arrested in Nashua check-cashing scheme - 1
- Police investigating bank robbery in Nashua - 0
- Felony drug charge for Rochester man in crack cocaine case - 0
- Judge denies man’s appeal in boating negligent homicide case - 1
- Man charged in Manchester stabbing - 1
- Manchester Crimewatch: Prosecutor says man has convictions dating back to 2006 - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Arrest of dad at Gilford School Board meeting about Picoult book 'chilling' says judge, case dismissed - 4
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Granite Staters are front and center for UNH - 0
- Monarchs hope to wrap two wins - 0
- College Football: These Redbirds can run and pass - 0
- Bedford pizza restaurant gets surprise makeover from Eastern Bank - 0
- Another View -- Devon Chaffee: Why interrogators believe America should never torture - 1
- Obama gets smoked: Castros celebrate in Havana - 28
- On naming the victim: It is Kibby's story now - 0
BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Enter to win tickets to see Tom Chapin
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors
Arrest of dad at Gilford School Board meeting about Picoult book 'chilling' says judge, case dismissed
Convicted murderer entitled to hearing on new DNA evidence after 42 years, Supreme Court rules
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483