Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Exeter teen accused of growing pot on public conservation land
Police Capt. Stephan Poulin said the case is disturbing because of the spot allegedly picked for the pot. The 5-foot plant was found about 20 feet from a public trail on conservation land off of Linden Street, police said.
It's a place where people walk the trails, play and fish in the river.
Police believe the plant was likely a trial run and that Tirico may have been planning more plants on the land.
"We can speculate that if he's going to grow one and be successful, he's going to grow more," Poulin said.
But illegal marijuana growers usually don't grow their plants in public, he added.
"They usually do it in their own yard or a field in their yard. Children and the public would have access to them in this place, and then you bring in the criminal aspect of people maintaining the plants. That's what's disturbing," he said. "We've had grows on the edge of a person' property, but in a conservation area like this it's the only one I know of in my 10 years."
While the area where the plan was found was green with other vegetation, Poulin said that if someone is "aware of what the plant looks like, you could certainly see it."
Through covert surveillance, police identified Tirico as the main suspect in the case. Police continue to investigate other possible suspects and marijuana growing operations.
Tirico was released on personal recognizance bail and is scheduled to appear at the Brentwood Circuit Court on Dec. 2.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Knife-wielding robbers target two stores in Manchester - 2
- Former county corrections officer drops appeal of his firing - 0
- Salem man facing charge for attempted murder of mother - 0
- Mass. man charged with sex assault of teen in Nashua - 0
- Plaistow lawyer indicted in fatal boat crash - 2
- Another arrest made after Exeter drug sweep - 1
- Manchester Crimewatch: City man accused of assaulting toddler - 0
READER COMMENTS: 8
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Shaheen, Ayotte on opposite sides of procedural vote on budget compromise - 3
- Snow slows NH rush hour; cancels many evening events - 1
- NH ranks first in controlling infectious disease, according to report - 1
- Nashua Board of Education signals new leadership - 0
- Water Works tax agreement moves closer to approval - 0
- Pinkerton, Memorial deadlock - 0
- Concord's Law is Athlete of the Month - 0
Blue Jays knuckler may be headed to NH
Most NH hospitals average on measurement of knee, hip surgery; Wentworth-Douglas among worst
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424