Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Exeter teen accused of growing pot on public conservation land
Police Capt. Stephan Poulin said the case is disturbing because of the spot allegedly picked for the pot. The 5-foot plant was found about 20 feet from a public trail on conservation land off of Linden Street, police said.
It's a place where people walk the trails, play and fish in the river.
Police believe the plant was likely a trial run and that Tirico may have been planning more plants on the land.
"We can speculate that if he's going to grow one and be successful, he's going to grow more," Poulin said.
But illegal marijuana growers usually don't grow their plants in public, he added.
"They usually do it in their own yard or a field in their yard. Children and the public would have access to them in this place, and then you bring in the criminal aspect of people maintaining the plants. That's what's disturbing," he said. "We've had grows on the edge of a person' property, but in a conservation area like this it's the only one I know of in my 10 years."
While the area where the plan was found was green with other vegetation, Poulin said that if someone is "aware of what the plant looks like, you could certainly see it."
Through covert surveillance, police identified Tirico as the main suspect in the case. Police continue to investigate other possible suspects and marijuana growing operations.
Tirico was released on personal recognizance bail and is scheduled to appear at the Brentwood Circuit Court on Dec. 2.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 8
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 17
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 5
- Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement - 0
- Two in Keene robbed at home - 0
- Mass. man accused in sex assault of teen in Nashua - 0
- Police seek 4 teens for Manchester robbery - 1
- Manchester man charged in forklift theft - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- UNH unveils new 'shield' logo - 23
- Winter storm pushes up East Coast after weekend blast - 0
- Police looking for information about blood on Pelham road - 0
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- Patriots stun Cleveland in another wild comeback - 1
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 4
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 2
- Vemont pair killed, Sunapee man hurt in crash on I-89 in Lebanon - 0
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424