Ram continues scoring rampage
Ian Clark's Corner Kicks: Special year for MacPherson
A junior on the Rams boys' soccer team, MacPherson has 37 goals after netting yet another in a 3-2 loss at Campbell of Litchfield on Wednesday.
The Rams are 11-3-0 and among the top teams in Division III. Raymond head coach Dave Elliot said he has conversations with MacPherson often to be sure he remains humble, but also enjoys this year.
"It's a dream season for him and he deserves whatever recognition comes his way at the end of the season," Elliot said. "But for right now, it's about the team."
"Playing at that level has increased my knowledge of the game as well as my technical ability," MacPherson said. "It helps to be surrounded by players that are like me and so passionate about the game and they love playing soccer and they helped me build to a level beyond anything else to this point."
For now, that next goal is all he's thinking about.
"Scoring is the most beautiful feeling I've ever felt in my life and soccer is my life," he said. "It means everything to me."The big 5-0: Raymond will honor it's 1963 state championship boys' soccer team with a 50th anniversary event at 6 p.m. following next Thursday's game against Campbell.
Ian Clark's Corner Kicks appears every Thursday in the New Hampshire Union Leader. Coaches can report stats, milestones and notes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice - 8
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Prizes & playoffs: Well done, UNH - 1
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 13
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
- Doing 'less with less' Is that Gov. Hassan's new motto? - 11
- Washington Jeanne: Will Shaheen face her state? - 44
- McWages: They're about value - 82
- Night lights: Francestown freaks out - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand