Ram continues scoring rampage
Ian Clark's Corner Kicks: Special year for MacPherson
A junior on the Rams boys' soccer team, MacPherson has 37 goals after netting yet another in a 3-2 loss at Campbell of Litchfield on Wednesday.
The Rams are 11-3-0 and among the top teams in Division III. Raymond head coach Dave Elliot said he has conversations with MacPherson often to be sure he remains humble, but also enjoys this year.
"It's a dream season for him and he deserves whatever recognition comes his way at the end of the season," Elliot said. "But for right now, it's about the team."
"Playing at that level has increased my knowledge of the game as well as my technical ability," MacPherson said. "It helps to be surrounded by players that are like me and so passionate about the game and they love playing soccer and they helped me build to a level beyond anything else to this point."
For now, that next goal is all he's thinking about.
"Scoring is the most beautiful feeling I've ever felt in my life and soccer is my life," he said. "It means everything to me."The big 5-0: Raymond will honor it's 1963 state championship boys' soccer team with a 50th anniversary event at 6 p.m. following next Thursday's game against Campbell.
Ian Clark's Corner Kicks appears every Thursday in the New Hampshire Union Leader. Coaches can report stats, milestones and notes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 11
- Fetal homicide: A compromise at last? - 4
- Freedom & discovery: A mathematician gets noticed - 0
- Preventing Newtown: Background checks won’t - 29
- Taunting taxpayers: Manchester teachers union won’t budge - 35
- Insurance choices: Shaheen, Shea-Porter, Kuster mislead - 19
- Looking for Abigail: Public can help find her - 3
- Riding lessons: DRED improves horse rules - 5
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 15
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 8
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 4
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0