Home » Sports » Motor Sports
Tom Herzig's Trackside: Ford Fall Brawl has plenty of big names
The field will include last year’s winner Derrick O’Donnell of North Haverhill. O’Donnell went on to become the 2013 Thunder Road Late Model champion and the Rookie of the Year. He will be joined by 2013 Riverside track champion Bryan Mason, 2013 ACT champion Wayne Helliwell Jr., 2013 Thunder Road Milk Bowl winner Nick Sweet, Joey Polewarczyk Jr., Randy Potter, Corey Mason, Quinny Welch — you get the idea.
Casella, who hails from Saugus, Mass., was a driver during the Modified Series’ inaugural season. He began some Pro-4 Modified racing after going out to Colorado, working at a Goodyear plant and being taken to Colorado International Speedway. “I had no idea that sort of thing was going on,” he said.
Star Speedway Modified champion Jacob Dore qualified through the consi, started 21st and got up to sixth before pitting on lap 75. Dore, 24, began racing karts in 1998.
Championships in several divisions are on the line at Hudson’s “Pumpkinfest” Sunday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- ConVal students get a taste of Hollywood - 0
- Manchester school superintendent's contract renewed in secret session - 2
- Salem teachers, school board agree to two-year contract - 1
- Hillside Middle School is state winner in Samsung science contest - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 10
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
- MCC students get hands-on experience building Manchester home - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Motorists injured in two car collision on Route 9, Spofford - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
- Greenfield planners seek input on Heritage District plan proposal - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
There are no little jobs in the armed forces
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch