Home » Sports » Motor Sports
Tom Herzig's Trackside: Ford Fall Brawl has plenty of big names
The field will include last year’s winner Derrick O’Donnell of North Haverhill. O’Donnell went on to become the 2013 Thunder Road Late Model champion and the Rookie of the Year. He will be joined by 2013 Riverside track champion Bryan Mason, 2013 ACT champion Wayne Helliwell Jr., 2013 Thunder Road Milk Bowl winner Nick Sweet, Joey Polewarczyk Jr., Randy Potter, Corey Mason, Quinny Welch — you get the idea.
Casella, who hails from Saugus, Mass., was a driver during the Modified Series’ inaugural season. He began some Pro-4 Modified racing after going out to Colorado, working at a Goodyear plant and being taken to Colorado International Speedway. “I had no idea that sort of thing was going on,” he said.
Star Speedway Modified champion Jacob Dore qualified through the consi, started 21st and got up to sixth before pitting on lap 75. Dore, 24, began racing karts in 1998.
Championships in several divisions are on the line at Hudson’s “Pumpkinfest” Sunday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year - 0
- Nashua Board of Education signals new leadership - 0
- PSU adjunct faculty members approve three-year contract - 0
- UNH, trustees seek to reverse arbitrator's decision to reinstate professor - 13
- NH students take part in computer education week - 0
- Math world stunned by UNH lecturer's find - 3
- Consultant report on UNH Manchester issues almost done - 4
- 'Embrance the challenge ... behold the view,' MCPHS grads told - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan