Home » News » Public Safety
Downed telephone pole closes street in Concord
Samuel Harkins, 18, of Concord, was arrested for aggravated DWI, underage DWI, conduct after an accident and unlawful possession of alcohol by a minor.
Michael Allen, also 18 and of Concord, was charged with unlawful possession of alcohol by a minor and possession of a controlled drug.
The two suffered minor injuries, but police said they declined medical attention. The crash, which happened near 257 East Side Drive early in the morning, remains under investigation.
Police said the road was closed because of live wires on the road.
Harkins is free on $6,000 personal recognizance bail, while Allen's bail is $1,500 personal recognizance.
Both are to be arraigned in 6th Circuit Court, Concord District Division, Harkins on Nov. 4 and Allen on Dec. 2.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Cause of $1.4 million house fire in Plainfield remains unknown - 0
- Injured dirt bike rider in ICU - 0
- Woman who jumped in front of Amtrak train identified - 0
- Busy day for White Mountain National Forest rescuers - 0
- Franklin convenience store damaged by fire - 0
- Derry firefighters commended; fire investigation continues - 0
- Deadly crash driver: 'I was distracted' - 0
- Tactical team takes man, 71, into custody - 0
- Hudson rider misses jump, crashes bike - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- UPDATED: Bail set at $20,000 for Holiday Inn Express robbery suspect - 1
- Deering couple arrested in violent beating, kidnapping of Bennington woman - 2
- Nashua driver rejects plea deal in hit-and-run negligent homicide case - 0
- UPDATED: Distracted by dog, woman downs two utility poles on Manchester’s Varney Street - 1
- UPDATED: Regulators OK 47 percent rate hike for Liberty Utilities customers - 13
- Nashua man facing numerous assault charges in attack on woman - 0
- After flap over 'racist' comment, no call for Lincoln planner to resign from board - 15
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 1
- Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance - 4
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance