Home » News » Public Safety
Police seek witnesses to Goffstown crash involving boy, 10
GOFFSTOWN – Police are looking for anyone who may have witnessed an accident involving a 10-year-old boy at about 6:15 p.m. Wednesday.
The names of the boy and the driver have not been released; however, the driver is listed as a 54-year-old woman.
“As traumatic as it is for the family of the boy, it is also traumatic for the person involved and we’re trying to give her some lead way,” said Lt. Keith Chauvette. “Aside from trauma, the driver was not injured.”
The boy was transported to the hospital from the scene and is still listed in serious condition as of Thursday morning.
The boy was crossing the street near 695 Mast Road near the A-1 Gas Station when he was struck, Chauvette said.
“At the time of the accident, the boy was alone, but was being watched,” he said.
The accident tied up traffic, but the area is usually congested at that time of day with local businesses and commuters, “and the sun is setting earlier,” he said.
Neither speed nor alcohol appear to be factors in the accident.
Anyone who may have witnessed the accident is asked to call Goffstown police at call 497-4858.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
- Hampton police searching for missing Mass. woman - 0
- Officials mum on investigation of Lyman infant's death - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 5
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax